Monday, April 15, 2013

Little tricks to make parenting easier


I don't know about you but if there is one thing I am always in desperate need of, its ways to make parenting easier. Since I have limited funds, my options are slim (nothing makes parenting easier than outsourcing it to someone else but that shit costs a pretty penny). So I was happy to stumble upon this list, n buzzfeed, of Ingenious ways to make parenting easier

Now, some of these I've tried, with minimal to no success (the monster spray, the handwriting grip tricks) but thats probably because my kids had particular difficulty in both those areas, not the sort of thing that an easy fix could cover.  Of course, it there was a one-size-fits-all approach to any of this stuff, there'd be nothing so very hard about parenting in the first place. The exhausting thing is that we all have to find the particular hack that works for our particular kid  and their particular quirks. That said, there are some pretty great idea in here, and I'm planning on giving a bunch a whirl.

Under the table hammock made from a blanket? Love it.

Behind-the-high-chiar bib hook? Done.

Pool noodle door stopper? Genius.

And dude, that baby shower cap which diverts the flow of water out beyond their forehead? I don't think I can resist that one.  I'm going to try, but I feel certain I won't succeed. In fact, I have a feeling both my big kids are going to fight ruthlessly over it after they steal it from the baby and try to jam it on their big heads. Then maybe I can employ the "Get Along T shirt."

Go ahead, and feast yourself. Here's hoping you get one quick fix out of the lot.