The following conditions contributed to a fan-freaking-tastic weekend.
1. My parents watched the kids.
2. Dinner at Chesnut, complete with plentiful house-made pickles (gratis, served with foccacia) and the SINGLE-MOST DELICIOUS dessert ever -- something they call the Bubino, which is a flour-less chocolate heaven topped with --wait for it -- peanut butter mascarpone mousse. Boo-yah.
3. Followed by watching Due Date, with a flawless performance by Zach Galifianakis and starring the still-super-hot Robert Downey Jr.
4. Traffic-free drive up the Hudson Valley, where we stayed in a converted rectory from the early 1900s.
5. Flight to Sweden menu at Da/Ba, including herring prepared three ways and elderberry sorbet.
6. More-than-reasonable amount of sex.
7. Traffic-free drive back to NY where kids, and mother were blissfully happy to see us home -- mother waiting with her jacket on, by the door; children full of hugs and accusations about the things Nana did wrong.
Ahhhhh . . .
Only the words matter: A Ramble On Type of Post
7 hours ago