Thursday, May 3, 2012

Falling in love all over again


I'm in the thick of a very intense, kind of one sided love affair with my baby. I'm head-over-heels, crazy in love with the child. Things really heated up this week when she broke out her first real smile and the single most endearing sound in the known universe -- the coo.

Now I basically spend my days chasing the high of that smile and relentlessly pursuing her coo. This is tough work because she screams her head off approximately 98% of her waking hours but I don't care. I'm hooked. I must elicit more lopsided, open-mputh smiles. I'm bewitched.

Poor David, demoted again from the love of my life to the person who occasionally changes the diapers of the love of my life. And poor Primo and Seconda, who don't produce any sound softer than a bellow anymore, much less a coo, and can only get me really money when they're asleep and cherubic again. I mean, all four of them are the loves of my life of course, goes with our saying, I'm just heavy into the bonding phase of this oxytocin-driven baby honeymoon now, and really kind of loving it.

Now leave me alone while I go a-courting.