Thursday, January 28, 2010

If I had a windfall of wishes



Do you ever catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror and realize you are having a day where you look effortlessly good? I am not talking about a day where you spend an hour trying to look effortlessly good but one where it just, magically, happens, where the way that you hastily stick a bobby pin in your hair while madly scrubbing piss out of the carpet is the very best way you could possibly have inserted that bobby pin? It happens every once in a blue moon and yesterday was one of those times.


And after I realized I was having an effortlessly-good-looking episode, I then thought, how great would it be to ALWAYS look effortlessly good? (Yes, I am never content with anything I have).It occurred to me that if I had a bunch of wishes – not just three but a whole windfall of them, over five for sure, that I would probably wish to look amazing without the aid of lipstick or Great Lash. First, world peace. Second, long health and happiness for my family. Third, health reform. And then the effortlessly hot wish. At least I have my priorities straight.