Thursday, August 13, 2009

Birthday and etc




Today is David's birthday and I've got some pressing matters to attend to, such as baking a cake from a box, acquiring his other presents (tradition calls for a bottle of beer and a BJ), and preparing my home for the arrival of my whole in-law family from Tennessee, and LA, so my point is, this post will be short and sweet.

A glimpse of last night:

7:45pm. When Primo complained that his sticky white rice was too "boring" (isn't that the whole point, you picky little sucker?) I added some soy sauce, and he said, his brow furrowed with worry: "I hope that's not beer!"

7:50pm: My daughter felt compelled to remind me: "Goddamnuit is not a nice word, Mommy." I need a swear jar.

8:30pm: After all the pains I've taken making the kids' bedroom into an outer space paradise, like something out of Cookie magazine, I asked Primo if he liked his room, and he said apologetically, " I like it, but not severely."

Happy birthday to my hunky and chronically under-appreciated hub.