Friday, September 4, 2009

Pain in the . . .


I went to the beach over the weekend and I did something ill-advised. I decided to forgo sunscreen. The sequence of events that led to this mistake were as follows:


1, Our SPF 70 spray-on sunscreen was running on fumes and I, ever the martyr, wanted to save the last for the children.


2. I could not be bothered.


3. I kind of believed that because it was late August, my skin had built a certain tolerance to the harmful rays of the sun, even those emitted at high noon at a beach.


4. It was partly cloudy and I hold the belief, which is, of course, completely erroneous, that if the clouds are there, the sun cannot get through and one cannot get sun burnt. This is tantamount to believing that you can not get pregnant the first time you have sex. It is idiotic. But sometimes I’m an idiot.


So now, guess who has a scorched backside. As if I needed another pain in my ass.