Wednesday, September 16, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things . . . .


Well it ain't raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens that rock my world but I do have a few favorite things. And here they are:

When Tim Gunn uses the word “caucus"

Berkeley Breathed’s Mars Needs Moms, which is as close to perfect as a picture book about motherless aliens gets.

How my daughter refers to corn as “popcorn on the cob”

The silence that ensues after a visit to the Mr. Softie truck.

The fact that you can spend $19 at Ikea and leave with a classy black/brown coffee table with the ability to store all clutter on the bottom shelf.

My husband, for getting my name tattooed on his arm after dating me for only four months, and for waking with the baby who is not a baby anymore all through the night.

The Juniors’ section at Loehmann’s.

When my son gets my jokes, when he wakes after 7am and when he calls me “O Great Mommy.”

Elevators, dishwashers, washer/ dryers and microwaves.

The term "vajajay."

Saaaaangria.