Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Imdb THIS, baby

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share this exclusive, never-before-seen clip from the movie that David and I made back when we were dating. It was during this film shoot that I fell in love with him. Simple as that: we started and I was only minorly intrigued by him, we wraped and we were soulmates. Though we met in college and had a brief, one-night-long dalliance there while he was with someone else (gasp! disgrace!) we parted ways afterwards and he went off to live with his girlfriend while I went off in an apparent attempt to break the world record for romantic entanglements with hipster assholes who lived in the east village and had clawfoot bathtubs in thier living rooms. Believe it or not, I'm not talking about one person in particular but a whole category of men who are totally unmemorable and pretty much interchangeable.

When I met up with David again, a few years after college, he'd broken up with his girlfriend and we dated a bit but I was so into the elusive douchebags of no substance that I more or less dismissed the earnest Southerner who wore his heart on his sleeve and sent me (unironic) flowers. Then he asked me to be the lead in his indie film, which he was shooting in his hometown in Tennessee and it seemed like a good career movie -- the guys was a great writer and I'd never been to Tennessee. So I did it. And now we've been married six years. Its kind of amazing to have a chronicle of how you fell in love with your husband.

(Two notes before viewing: A. I did my own makeup so try to forgive the heavy lip gloss application. B. I did my own accent coaching which basically consisted of chain-viewing Coal Miner's Daughter. That's why I sound like I'm doing an impersonation of Loretta Lynn)

Blue Plate Trailer