Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Dodgeball



If there is a minute or two left over after the end of karate class, the Sensei often lets the class play “Happy Dodgeball.” After Primo’s first taste of "Happy Dodgeball" he confessed that he really didn’t care for it. I told him that I didn’t either. In fact, no sane person I know does. The senseis must know this because they felt the need to give dodgeball a friendly face by prefacing it with a positive word.


But, lets face it, if you have to stick the word “Happy” before something, the thing probably sucks.

I mean, would you buy it if the dentist told you that you needed a “Happy Root Canal!”


Or you found out you had the “Happy Swine Flu!”


Or it was time to do your “Happy Taxes!”


Come on, man. If someone’s gonna throw a ball at you, they should pay you and not the other way around. Am I right?